It’s time for another confession.
My addiction to almonds has expanded to another tree nut: pistachios. This happened this year when I innocently tried pistachios and now they’ve become a staple in my diet. There must be a reason or explanation for this; maybe my body craves a specific nutrient in these tree nuts! I’m not sure it’s so great though since it adds another 300-ish calories to my daily intake. At least they’re healthy calories, right? Oh my, this leads me to…
Ten reasons I know I’m addicted to Pistachios (This may sound familiar: see almond addiction).
- I try to justify eating two servings a day. (See above)
- I buy three 1-lb bags at a time, to make sure I don’t run out.
- It makes me mad that it’s hard to find them UNsalted. Why cover up the delicious taste and add sodium? I can rely on Trader Joe’s though!
- Opening up the shells is half the fun! (Although it’s not great on your nails)
- Speaking of the shells, I leave the evidence in a lot of places (random cups in the car, my desk, etc)
- Our friends say our car smells like them! (This is borderline embarrassing).
- I take some with me when I travel.
- My friend is worried I might turn green.
- It’s probably not safe for someone with tree nut allergies to come near me.
- I blog about them…