- During the first week of classes, I dropped Organic Chemistry II like it was hot. To put it nicely, the teacher was not so hot at teaching. I am glad I dropped it because 19 total hours would’ve been very stressful. Now I have 15 hours and it’s much more manageable. In result, I will have to take the class over the summer before I student teach in the fall. Really, I don’t mind.
- I got 100% on my first Adolescent Psych test. Whoa!
- Like I said in another post, we had TWO snow days. That was super surprising, yet exciting!
- In my Education Methods class, I’ve already taught my first mock lesson and got a 49/50. I was VERY happy about this and got great compliments from the teacher about how I was doing “natural” things. We have to teach 5 lessons (30-45 minutes) throughout the semester, pretending that our peers are our high school students and that we are the teacher (in my case, the biology teacher). This involves writing a lesson plan and assignments, presenting the lesson, and then evaluating ourselves from watching our videotaped lesson! We also have to meet with our teacher before and after our lesson. It’s pretty involved, but I like it! I give my second lesson this week over a genetics topic.
- I dread my 3-hour History of Science class on Wednesday nights because it is so long and past my bedtime (ok, I’m exaggerating a little). However, the teacher is good so that is a big PLUS!
- I love my other education class- Reading Methods in Content Area. I’ve learned so much already! Like how most of my High School teachers were horrible…ha.
Even though I don’t have much to complain about in my academic life, I have one question…. Is it Spring Break yet?
Are you dreaming about Spring or Spring Break too?
Stay tuned to hear about what’s on my mind for Spring Break… :) I’ll give you another clue – it involves a city and state that are both female names.