Yesterday I had an advising meeting for Spring 2010 with my advisor at MUST. I’m glad he is understanding and laid back.
I also re-applied at AU (for what, the 3rd time?) online. Good thing it’s free.
Today I registered for 12 hours at MUST for Spring 2010. Genetics, Ecology, Environmental Physics, and Modern Western Civ. No labs.
I also sent off a transcript request form along with tenfreakingdollars to MUST, to be sent to AU.
(Un)welcome to the story of my college life.
What to do, what to do?
- Have a “normal” college experience or umm, a not-so-normal one?
- Graduate sooner or later? By sooner I mean, later, and by later I mean, later later. Confused?
I just did the math for “fun.” If I were to graduate from AU and start back in January 2010, I would have 44 hours left (which doesn’t count labs, but I would really have about 10+ hours of labs left) and I would only graduate with a biology degree. If I were to graduate from S&T and continue on from now, I would have 48 hours left (no hidden lab hours or any labs for that matter!) + one semester (13 hours) of student teaching and I would graduate with a biology degree and a certification to teach.
But I’ll probably graduate from neither. :)
FYI- In December, I’ll have 91 hours total.
- Take or leave a refund that, with addition to my refund from last semester, would pay off my student loans?
- Graduate with only a biology degree (and do what?) or a biology degree and a certification to teach?
- Change my major and start over? Hey, why the heck not?
- Live at home or with my bff?
- Live two states away from my bf or two floors? Get married sooner or later? (By that I mean, it’d probably be wise to spend real time together before we consider the next step.)
- Be lonely or be surrounded by people?
- Focus less on getting a degree or on my well being?
- Make transferring a hobby?
- Walk to class in 5 degree Indiana weather or drive 10 miles to and from class and walk a short distance in more “southern” type weather? Or better yet, move to a tropical location?
- Run away and start a new life somewhere else?
- Kidnap Ryan and move to FL?
Okay, okay, I’m getting a little ridiculous, but sometimes I have to humor myself to keep my head from exploding.
It’s a win-lose-win-lose-win-lose situation!