I finally got my class schedule figured out! What a pain it is to add/drop classes after the semester starts, plus they don’t even give you 100% of your money back! I think they do that on purpose to make the Registrar’s job easier. Aren’t they paid for that? Ah ha, I get it. They probably get the 10% tuition we lose.
I will definitely be spoiled after this semester… not having to get up early (after I put my 120 hours in my education labs), easier classes, no classes on Wednesdays or Fridays (after I get my 120 hours in my education labs), and getting paid to go to school! I won’t want it any other way.
Did you know I’m great at
wishing a semester away making a semester sound like it’s really short? I discovered this at AU, at the beginning of spring 2008, while talking with my friend Nour… I even convinced her! It goes something like this…
August doesn’t count because we start near the end of the month, so it’s going to be September before classes are well under way. But before we get in too far, it will be Labor Day break and then all of a sudden it’s October because we’ll be busy taking our first tests, writing our first papers, and won’t even know what hit us. October will be the longest because there are no breaks, but it will be a pretty autumn month so maybe nature will distract us. Plus, talk of mid-term comes and goes, and you’re in shock that you’re already half -way though. Whoa, it’s already time to register for next semester! November sneaks up, with the anticipation of a week long Thanksgiving break at the end! By this point, papers, tests, and studying is a comfortable routine again. You’re already hearing things like.. “We’re nearing the end of the semester.” Why? Because it’s true! December is last, but it barely counts! It’s the end of the semester, final test time and BAM!
Another semester under your belt.
As if a semester didn’t already go fast enough. I just made it faster. I’m very aware that I need to work on this whole wishing my life away thing. Solution? Contentment in life.
That brings me to some goals for the semester…
- Don’t worry, be happy.
- Stay ahead on studying, papers, class work.
- Get enough sleep.
- Earn a 4.0 GPA.
- Work as a sub after my 120 hours of education labs are finished.
- Fill my free time to avoid loneliness/depression. Go to Zumba whenever possible. Yoga would be nice too. Babysit. Hang out with my Mom. Touch unread books on my shelf. Touch the keyboard I bought. Enjoy the fall weather before winter comes (gag me). Move to Florida when it does come, haha. Just kidding, kinda. Any other suggestions are welcome.
- Ryan if you’re reading this, which I know you are, is the goal of seeing each other at least once a month too much to ask? :)
- Be thankful.
- Really work to become closer to God.
I promise I’m trying to do better this time around. One week down,
14 to go. ;-)